The Battery Observation Post
Constructed in 1914 and extended during World War II, this was the Command Centre and range finding position for the Fort and the new 6 inch Mark VII guns. In 1943 it was extended to house the Searchlight Directing Station.
This building is also undergoing a full restoration to bring it back to World War II condition.
Range finder in use
COPYRIGHT FORT SCRATCHLEY HISTORICAL SOCIETY Inc. © 2015